"...Among the most exciting duos in recent memory"
Based in Queensland, Australia, Nicole Murray and John Thompson have carved themselves a niche internationally as outstanding performers of acoustic folk music. With vocal harmonies reminiscent of Steeleye Span and the Seekers, powerful arrangements of Australian classics and a repertoire that spans the Anglo-Celtic world, cloudstreet's exciting performances entertain and delight. They deliver a powerful and moving musical experience, based on entrancing musicality, stunning use of vocal harmony and above all, a compelling sense of fun.
After two years of performing on stages around Australia, cloudstreet took up full-time performance in 2003 and embarked on their first UK tour. The early days of that trip saw John and Nic perform on every stage that would have them, popping at folk club open mics and floor-spots across the country. They quickly developed a reputation for spot-on harmonies and an engaging stage-presence.
Cloudstreet currently have 8 albums under their belt and are currently on their 8th tour of the United Kingdom, taking with them as their special guest, fiddler Emma Nixon.
cloudstreet return to the United Kingdom in May, 2015 for our 8th tour of the British Isles. Our special guest on this tour will be Emma Nixon. An extraordinary fiddle player, Emma is the director of the Brisbane Celtic Fiddle Club, holds a Masters in Traditional Scottish Fiddle Music, is currently studying towards her PhD and is Nicole's partner-in-crime in the duo, The Wish List. She'll be adding tasty fiddle licks to our songs and tunes as well as giving our harmonies a delicious extra layer.
• Wednesday, May 6 - Llantrisant Folk Club - Celfyddydau Mari Arts, Pontyclun
• Thursday, May 7 - Tump Folk Club, Coventry
• Friday, May 8 - The Newcastle and Potteries Folk Club
• Sunday, May 10 - Nailsea Tithe Barn, North Somerset
• Tuesday, May 12 - Dartford Folk Club
• Wednesday, May 13 - Dorking Folk Club, Surrey
• Friday, May 15 - Deal Folk Club, Kent
• Sunday, May 17 - Scrag End Folk Club, Oakthorpe
• Tuesday, May 19 - The Hoy at Anchor Folk Club, Westcliff-on-Sea
• Wednesday, May 20 - The Willows Folk Club, Arundel, West Sussex
• Friday, May 22 - The Milkmaid Folk Club, Bury St Edmunds
• Sunday, May 24 - Monday, May 25 - Chester Folk Festival
• Wednesday, May 27 - The Willows Folk Club, Preston, Lancashire
• Friday, May 29 - The Brewtown Folk Club, Burton Upon Trent
• Sunday, May 31 - South Shields Folk Club
• Monday, June 1 - Stirling Folk Club, Scotland
• Friday, June 5 - Wheaton Aston, Bradford Arms, Staffs
• Sat/Sun, June 6/7 - Gate to Southwell Festival, Notts